Personal Safety Workshops and Seminars
Throughout the year, local certified trainer Daphne Roberts-Hamilton offers workshops and seminars on a variety of safety topics. She is also a certified instructor at Norpoint Shooting Range in Arlington, and co-owner of Iron Mountain Tactical in Granite Falls.
Informational links to help keep your family and neighborhood safe!
Once a month, citizens have the opportunity to meet for coffee with the police chief (of course, anytime you have a question or concern you can contact the police department directly.) “Coffee with the Chief” takes place on the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30pm at the Granite Falls Fire Station, 116 S. Granite. Ring the doorbell to be admitted.
The Granite Falls community has an electronic sign at the State Route 92 entrance into town. The sign has been in the works for more than two years, and will serve as a communication tool for the City, Fire District, and School District. Examples of announcements include: burn bans, flooding, school closures, special school events, City and community events.
Granite Falls Fire District #17 is on 116 S. Granite across from Key Bank. Chief Jim Haverfield can be reached at 691-7177.
Granite Falls Police (operating through contract with the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office) is located 205 S. Granite, across the street from City Hall. The phone number is 691-6611.
Granite Falls Area Neighborhood Watch
Started in May, 2014, monthly meetings and periodic community training for those interested in, or currently participating in Neighborhood Watch. The presentation and handouts from the May 19 meeting are posted below.
- SNO-PAC Community Resources
- Snohomish County Dept. of Emergency Management – Get prepared! This site offers lists, tips, and information to help you, your family and business be ready for emergencies.
- Snohomish County Flood Warning System – Real Time Information
- SAFE KIDS – USA
- Granite Falls School District emergency information
- National Safety Council – Safety at Home
- Health and Safety Tips – food, cosmetics, and more
- Secure Medicine Disposal – The Granite Falls Pharma-Save at 207 E. Stanley Street provides secure medicine disposal for over-the-counter and prescription meds.
- Sheriff’s Office Community Safety Newsletters –monthly updates on important safety topics like the current opioid epidemic, personal safety, tips for ensuring your auto is safe from prowlers, and much more.
- City of Granite Falls
- Granite Falls Resource Directory
- Adult Abuse and Prevention
- Child Abuse or Neglect
- Internet Safety for Everyone – especially kids
- Snohomish Overdose Prevention
Facebook offers a platform for neighbors to connect in a private group. Locally, there are several such groups, including:
OPPORTUNITY BLOCKING GRAPHIC! Block opportunities for criminals to commit crimes.